Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Pray for Kathy

My friend Kathy Laird sent this the first email to me a week or so ago. She was on the Clinton Co. Right to Life board with me and she was a great worker for the cause. Please read the emails below and add her and her family to your prayer list. It seems as if every where we look, someone is hurting, but I know God is the ultimate Healer so we can be comforted by that!

Report #1 (before surgery)
"I went to Dr. Fields today to to get the staples out and find the results of my ovary and cyst that he removed. I do have ovarian cancer. The ovary attached itself to the colon and when they were doing the colonoscopy he said when it got up to that point I sensed pain and clenched up. Dr. Fields said if I wouldn't had this done I would of died of ovarian cancer soon. This was God's way of being with me. I have to go to a gynecologist tomorrow for her to do more test and see how far it has went. In a couple weeks I will go over to Indianapolis to have a complete hysterectomy and redo my colon surgery.
With God I know I will make it through this... Please pray for me and for Scott and Mary too. I worry so much about them.
I love you all..
God's Blessing be with all of you too.., Kathy"

Report #2 (after surgery)
"Well here I am again trying to fill you in on Kathy's condition. The surgery lasted about 4 hours and she lost a lot of blood. Jon and I didn't get in to see her until about 7:30 PM in the recovery room. Not long after we got in there they moved her to the ICU. She of course was very groggy and in a lot of pain. The surgeon talked to Jon and I after the procedure and he was very confidant that they had removed everything that was suspicious. He said that her lymph nodes were normal size and looked healthy but of course we must wait for the lab results on those and the other stuff he removed. He said that he not only thought he had got all the cancer but was looking for a total cure. I was really happy to hear that. She will still have to have the chemo but she already knew that. Please forgive me for my wandering thoughts but it has been a long day and I wanted to let you know how she is. The surgeon also said that she will most likely be in the hospital 5 or 6 days. I know she was shooting for 3 but I think the 5 or 6 is better for her. At least she will have some time to heal up a little before I make her mow the lawn or shovel stone or something : ) --Once again I want to thank all of you for your prayers, cards, emails, visits and phone calls. You have made this time of "fear of the unknown" so much easier for us. I will try to write more tomorrow after I get home from the hospital and will know a little more.
We love you all,
Scott "

No comments:

Post a Comment