Monday, September 10, 2007

Buddies, Bridal Showers & Boo Boos

Yes we had a full weekend playing with our cousins, a bridal shower and Kallee's first trip to the ER. My nephew Chris is getting married in a couple weeks, so my sister (the MIL to be) decided to have a shower for Charyl (her DIL to be). Many of you know, my sister Shirley has been sick for several years, so she doesn't get around like she has in the past. When I found out her daughter Meg wasn't going to be able to come home from college to help with the shower plans, I told her I would go and help out. So, on Friday evening after work, me and the kidos headed to New Castle. We didn't arrive until around 8:00, but that was sure better than 10:00 (I don't like driving at night with the kids). Later that evening, my nephew brought his little boy Carson over and Kallee and the boys had fun playing with him. We don't get to see him that often, so he is still a little shy around us. I thought the kids did great, no arguing, YEAH! He is such a sweetie, he will look so adorable in his tux for the wedding :) On Saturday we got everything in order for the shower and had a real nice time. The newlyweds are planning on going to Hawaii, so my sister had a Hawaiian theme for the shower. She made the cake and we had fruit ka-bobs and all, very nice! Charyl received several nice gifts, but I was the only one who "went out on a limb" and bought a night-gown. The rest of the gifts were pretty boring, ya know, pizza pans, towels, etc. etc. HA! Well the shower was about over, and Kallee decided to get into Charyl's sisters purse and take some meds, ugh! I called poison control and they weren't too helpful. Needless to say, we took her to the ER just to be safe. Thanks goodness she had missed her nap, because she fell asleep in my lap after the doctor had seen her and slept almost the entire time we were there. We ended up having to stay several hours so they could do a blood draw to make sure her tox levels were ok. THANK THE LORD she was fine and we were able to head back to my sisters around 8:40. While we were at the hospital, there was a guy that was "chemically challenged" (as the nurse put it), that was having a fit! He was sooo bad, they had him chained to his bed and 3 officers stood outside his door. He literally screamed to the top of his lungs and was using words that I wasn't ever taught, UGH!!! As my sister and I sat there, she said "do you ever feel as if we don't live in the real world"? I said yes, but THANK THE LORD for that!!! We sat for a moment in silence as the guy yelled and screamed at the nurses and officers and wondered, what was so bad in his life that made him turn out like that??? I am so very thankful for parents that spared me from all of that (drugs, profanity, etc.)!!! God is so good to us, we can NEVER fathom what all He has spared us from!
Lil' buddies, Kallee & Karson
Maddy Mae & Kallee "Raye" enjoying the fruit ka-bobs

Yum! Yum!
Becca and her mommy DD (my niece & great-niece)
This is the Hawaiian wedding cake my sister made for the shower!
Charyl opening her gifts
I couldn't resist! Every new bride needs these in her night stand :)
Kallee waiting to hear from the doctor.

She really looks "in pain", the little stinker!
Aunt Sur-she (Shirley) came to visit her at the hospital, after all the guests from the shower left. I don't know who enjoyed coloring more, Shirley or Kallee?! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment