Monday, September 24, 2007

We're Here

We're here, Wisconsin that is! Jerry is in training all week and since he has a free hotel room, I figured I would tag along : ) We are staying at the Crowne Plaza, in Madison, it is very nice! The kidos are staying with my in-laws (thanks Reed & Betty), so what a nice break for us. This is a first for me, leaving Kallee for more than a night, so keep her and me in your prayers, lol! -- We borrowed my sister's car, so we cruised in style in a royal blue, Mustang convertible. The company will pay so much per mile and since all we have is a van and truck, we figured we had better find a different set of wheels. Thanks Squirelly for letting us borrow your baby, we will bring her back safe and sound! The car is nice, but the trunk was almost too small for all my "junk", as Jerry calls it. I thought since I would be alone all day, I would try and catch up on some scrapbooking. I brought a large plastic tote, a scrapbook tote on wheels and a large bag. I didn't want to run out of supplies! Of course there looks like there is a lot of serious shopping around here, so I might not get as much scrappin' done as I thought, Ha! Anyways, I'm sure we will enjoy our alone time this week, something we rarely have.
P.S. We had a great time with you Meg & LaMorris, thanks for meeting us for lunch! My niece Meg (Squirelly's daughter) attends Olivet, so we stopped by to see her and her boyfriend.

6 comments:

  1. I forgot you were going there! Hope you get a lot done -- enjoy your alone time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seriously jealous!!! LOL No, really, have lots of fun and enjoy!!!!!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely need a vacation after all the planning and packing for the kids to have what they need for a week. So you deserve it :) (That's what I always hated about leaving the kids...all the planning that went into making sure their days were smoooth without me-ask Eleanor about me leaving Kerrigan when I had my gall bladder removed.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you can have a great week, and get LOTS of scrappin' done!!!! I totally understand the dismay of hubby when he sees all the 'stuff' it takes to make those beatiful scrapbooks!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only got 4 pages complete today, but I did one of them over twice. I got another 2 laid out and they are in progress, so...I think I will go shopping a little tomorrow, so I don't know how much I will done in the line of scrappin'.

    ReplyDelete