Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Shattuck Family Reunion - Part II


More Pictures...


Uncle Norman and the "Biker Gang" had a great bike ride around the camp ground!

Time for Ice Cream, Stan (my BIL) was nominated to be one of the ice cream servers, as well as,

Vice President, WAY TO GO STAN!!! : )

Me & my Aunt Myrtle

Schedule of Events for the Reunion
The cousins enjoying Bisquits & Gravy (CJ, Talon, Kallee & Keegan)
Talon taking Sissy for a ride!
Time for the Volleyball Tournament
Eli Albring (Dawn's son) having fun posing!
He and Talon had a great time this year.
My cousin Joe Aungst was the one selected to bring us the Sunday morning message. He challenged us to "let God shine in our lives every day, in every way"! He did an AWESOME job!
Joe & his wife Ada are the children's directors at their church.
Me with my cousins; Randy Shattuck, Dawn (Shattuck) Albring
and her grandson Cameron .
Me & my cousin Michael Jessup

Keegan and his buddy Caleb! This was the first time they had met (Caleb lives in California), but they are hoping to see each other again next year. They both shed tears when we
had to leave, it was sooo sad!
Talon sharing jokes with the crowd during the Talent Show!
Papa came to the motor home to visit us on Monday morning, so
he sat and watched cartoons with the kids!
Keegan, Talon and Maddy Mae (my great niece, Tim's daughter)

My great-nephew Luke (he is Kay's youngest), he sure enjoyed his cupcake!

Papa was a judge for the Pie Baking Contest, blackberry is his FAVORITE!

Papa with his brothers; Uncle Mac & Uncle Norman tasting the pies!

1st Place went to Aunt Marion, 2nd Place went to my sister Darlene &

3rd Place to my cousin Lorraine.
The Family Auction is always a great success! My cousin Earl was the auctioneer,
here he is taking bids.

Here my cousin Donella bidding on some of Dad's maple syrup he donated for the auction. She said she buys some every year, needless to say she didn't buy any this year (the highest quart jar went for $41.00)!
Me & my Aunt Nettie

7 comments:

  1. Hmm, Albring...any relation to Rex and Elaine Albring? I went to school with them at UBC about 20 years ago and they were from Michigan, too. Elaine was in high school (she didn't stay long, got homesick) and Rex, her brother, was in college. Great pictures, that's a LOT of people!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, my cousin Dawn is married to Rex's dad, Doyalyn (sp?). Please don't hold anything against me because I know Rex, ha! Yes that is a lot of people, we had almost 330 the year of the 50th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time Janiece! I love family reunions and our family (my side) is seriously overdue for one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're getting geared up for our first Fritz reunion but I don't expect it to ever get THIS BIG! Do you think that your dad was biased on Darlene's pie? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you all have a great time! We REALLY enjoy going to this reunion! --He didn't know she made it, but she KNEW blackberry was his favorite: ) They don't tell them who bakes them until the juding is all done, no favorites to pick from that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...I enjoyed the reunion story and photos, Looks like your family read the verse about multiplying the earth several times! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, my aunts & uncles have done their part in multiplying the earth, lol!

    ReplyDelete