Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Simple Friend vs. Real Friend

I received this from a friend, thought it was really good, but oh so true!

A simple friend, when visiting, acts like a guest.
A real friend opens your refrigerator and helps herself (and doesn't feel even the least bit weird shutting your Pepsi/Coke drawer with her foot)!


A simple friend has never seen you cry.
A real friend has soggy shoulders from your tears.

A simple friend doesn't know your parent's first name.
A real friend has their phone numbers in their address book (better yet, still knows who is calling when she sees the # on the caller id and there is no name

displayed on it).

A simple friend brings a bag of chips and pop to your party (not that that isn't good), but...
A real friend comes early to help you prepare and stays late to help you clean up.

A simple friend hates it when you call after they've gone to bed.
A real friend asks you why you took so long to call.


A simple friend tells your thoughts.
A real friend listens to your thoughts.


A simple friend seeks to talk with you about your problems.
A real friend seeks to help you with your problems.

A simple friend wonders about your romantic history.
A real friend could blackmail you with it.

A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument.
A real friend calls you after the fight.

A simple friend expects you to always be there for them.
A real friend expects to always be there for you!

I know if I thought about this long enough, I would probably be able to add more of my own thoughts but...

Thanks to all the REAL friends out there that I have, you're the BEST!!!


4 comments:

  1. Well... we haven't known each other very long (and I haven't been to your house yet) but when you were here you made yourself at home - even though I didn't see you use your foot to shut my pop drawer!! LOL

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true. Thanks for being a REAL friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that little list really narrows it down, and separates the "sheep from the goats," so-to-speak. I'm thankful for the real friends I have. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I'm thankful for friends - real and simple. :)

    ReplyDelete