Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Happy 11th Talon!!!

Eleven years ago today we welcomed our baby boy into this world, Talon Reed. He weighed in at 5 lbs. 13 ozs. and was 20 1/2" in length. He came to us that day as a complete shock, he wasn't suppose to be born for another 3 weeks, YIKES! It was around 10:00 am when I went to rest on the couch, I was having these "funny feelings" so by going to the couch, I thought I could get comfortable and I would feel better. I called Jerry in to tell him what I was feeling and he suggested we time those "funny feelings". Sure enough, those feelings were coming every 7 minutes. He then suggested I get up and call the doctor and yep (as the doctors would put it, a sudden gush), ugh! We called the doctor and she said if the contractions continued, to come right in to the office. She told us if they got any closer than 5 minutes, "go directly to the hospital". Needless to say, they were coming every 2 minutes by the time we hit the hospital doors. I forgot to mention, the hospital was 30 minutes aways ;) After using my quick check in card, I was wheeled to my room and told to get into that nice little gown they make you wear, it is so beautiful and all. After getting settled into bed and all the monitors were strapped on, the nurse was concerned that they couldn't get the monitors to read. She said she was going to check me and see how far along I was. She was quite surprised and called the doctor right away. The doctor came in, just in time to catch our bundle of joy. Wow, what an experience that was, one that I knew I didn't want to repeat right away, lol! --
He was a great baby/toddler and is growing up to be a great young man. That is hard for me to say "young man". It doesn't seem that he will be a teenager in two years : ( He always keeps us laughing from his singing, dancing around, his silly jokes and acting like he is someone else. He loves to sing and act, and he does a wonderful job at it (if I must say so myself)! He has always told me he loves me, but at this time in his life, he is at that pre-teen loving his mother stage. I am so thankful I have started reading "Raising Up Boys" by Dr. Dobson, or I might not have understood this stage of his life. Yes, I have also read the chapter on what is yet to come, YIKES!!! --Talon, we wish we were home to wish you a Happy Birthday, but we will take you some place special when we get home. We hope you are enjoying your presents that we left with you?! I wanted to post some of your baby pictures but ran out of time before leaving. Time will tell if I will get to it when I get home. Anyways, we want to wish you, a very Happy Birthday! We love you very much! We know God has something special in store for you!!!
First day of 5th Grade, 8/07

Talon playing the role of Ralph Mudge in the play Annie Jr.
Talon playing the role of Rooster Hannigan, children's Civic Theater in Clinton County
(Annie Jr. 6/07)
Talon all smiles holding up his first ever 4-H project, 7/07
Father's Day 6/07
Halloween 2006
Holding two of our puppies 1/07
Our trip to PA, 8/07
Fall 2006

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Talon. Is he still crazy over my neice???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the love has dwindled some since he hasn't seen her in 2 years, lol! He was really sad that he didn't get to see her that last two times he was a camp. They still write every now and then. I guess time will only tell : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Talon! And thanks for humoring me by letting me make scarecrow cupcakes for your bday treat at school. It was fuN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday talon!!!
    I love the costume...Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Talon! I can't believe you're so old already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Talon! I remember sitting at your mom and dad's house waiting for your daddy and Rodney to get off work. Your mommy and I would hold you and talk to you and spoil you rotten! It doesn't seem possible that you are 11!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy B-day, Talon!! It's been a pleasure and an honor to watch u grow into u over the past 11 years. I remember the day/week that your Mom and Dad found out that they were going to have a baby. What a joy!! Thanks for all of the prayers, buddy. And keep them coming, u never know what the Lord has in store!! kathryn

    ReplyDelete