Thursday, September 13, 2007

What A Man!!!

I received the Great Lakes District Newsletter in the mail last week, but I just now have taken the time to read it. When I reached the last page, there was a tribute to "Dad"Fritz (Sara Derscheid's father). He was like a second Dad to me, I lived at their house almost as much as my own, in my teen years. Anyways, the tribute was nice and I thought I would share it with you. "Arthur was an ordained minister with the Wesleyan Holiness Association of Churches and was the pastor of the Wesleyan Holiness Chapel of Mt. Pleasant, MI for 39 years. He held the position of District Superintendent of the Great Lakes District for over 25 years. He did many things for and spent a lot of time both at the church and the camp grounds that many of us will never know. He also donated a lot of money town the church and camp. (this the part I liked the best) We will all miss him greatly but especially his smile, his laughter, his humor, his prayers, messages and poems. Oh, yes and his singing with all the ad libbing." --He was such an awesome man, he could always make you laugh and smile and even cry too : ) I thank the Lord that I had the opportunity to have him as my pastor of most of my life. What A Man!!! I had better stop typing, I can hardly see the keys for all the tears : ( We love and miss you Bro. Fritz!

1 comment: