Friday, April 18, 2008

5.4???

What in the world does 5.4 mean??? That is the scale of our earthquake that we had this morning!!!! Yes little old Indiana had an earthquake this morning that jarred us awake. I thought at first one of our boys was bounding up the stairs, but then it got a little worse and then Jerry sat up in bed and said "we're having an earthquake", I responded "NO WAY"!!! But sure enough, it was! Jerry thought I was scratching my leg or something in my sleep, but realized when the headboard and furniture started to shake, it wasn't me. He ran downstairs and flipped on the dining room lights and sure enough, the pendulums on the clock were rocking back and forth, AHHHH!!! He fired up his computer and went to Fox News and they were reporting what had happened. They thought at first it was a 1. something, but it ended up at 5.4. What a way to wake up at 5:40'ish in the morning, pretty scary feeling. Thank the Lord it wasn't any worse and nothing else happened!

6 comments:

  1. My word--you must do some SERIOUS scratching in bed! We must get you better lotion... That thing scared me half to death!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know men, they usually don't have a clue what is going on around them while then are sleeping, ha! He was probably dreaming and me scratching my leg fell into the story-line of his dream : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so weird to wake up like that and then try to figure out what's going on. I was alone with the kids and toyed with the idea of getting them but decided it wasn't strong enough. Sure spooked Steven, though! He never did go back to sleep. I did! (I think I mentioned on my blog at least once that I LOVE to sleep!) ;o)

    Hope we don't get anymore. It's kind of creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I slept right through it. But maybe it went your way instead of our way. That's pretty freaky though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann Arbor got some of the quake as well. We, as in us, did not wake up with it, but it was on the radio what happened. Quite a few people said it rattled the furniture a little bit. CRAZY.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure did leave me freaked out! Just glad it wasn't any worse than what it was.

    ReplyDelete