Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring Fever Hullabaloo - Week #2

Today starts week #2 of the Spring Fever Hullabaloo and this weeks topic is, Vacation spots. Since I have only been to 5 states in my life, I would have to say Florida has been my favorite. Last year at this time I was packing our bags, so we could head there in a week or two, oh how I wish it were this year too : ) Here are a ton of pictures from our trip since I didn't have a blog last year, I will bore you with them this year, ha! Enjoy!
Meeting at the airport, there were 10 of us that flew and 3 of them that drove!
Beautiful sunsets of Florida!


This is where I slept, along with my sister. Since my hubby didn't go and she's not married, we got the single beds. They were sooo comfy and the bedding was super nice too!

This was the sitting area downstairs, which walked out into the pool area.

The pool that we spent a lot of time in!

The living room area and the beautiful, fully equipped kitchen in the background.
Outside shot of the sun room that had a large hot tub in it.
Kallee enjoying the sand!
My sister Mary & I
Kallee & I enjoying the warm water! Almost every evening we would all go on a walk by the water and watch the sun go down, so pretty!
We had some visitors while we were there; L to R - Sherry Gates, Kathy Ogg & Penny Ogg
L to R - Mom, Sis. & Bro. Schnell and Dad (The Schnells were our pastors in MI for a few years while I was going up). I think this was the best part of the trip for my Mom, she was SO happy to get to see them!
"The Girls" playing ring-around-the-rosy outside the restaurant. We only went out to eat a time or two, we made most of our meals. I mentioned earlier about the kitchen in the house, is was sooo nice! Tons of tons of items; bowls, mixers, pans, knives, cutting boards, cook books, everything you would have in your kitchen at home!
Me, Kallee, CJ & Mary
Mom & Dad with Kallee and I
I LOVE this picture of Kallee, she looks so sweet! She was taking a break from the pool,
with my niece Chasey

My sister Mary with "the girls" in the pool. This is where we taught all of them "Jesus Love Is a Bubblin' Over", that is all they wanted to sing after that : )

Papa took us to play putt-putt one night, Kallee loved playing!

All in all, we had a GREAT time and the beach house was SUPER nice! If you want a nice place to stay, this is an excellent place to rent. There were 5 bedrooms, plus some futons and couches that would pull out. It was FULLY equipped with pool items, baby items (bed, strollers, highchairs, etc.), kitchen items, lovely dishes for nice meal in the dining room, tons of games and movies, loads of towels and wash clothes and it was decorated so nice!

9 comments:

  1. Looks like a blast and a very nice beach house! What part of Florida?
    I was surprised to see Sherry Gates and The Schnells and their daughters. That is nice that you all got to visit with them while you were there.
    Thanks for sharing your vacation photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was around Coco Beach area. If you need info on the house, let me know and I can get it from my nephew. --We always had a blast with those girls (Sherry, Kathy & Penny), they were sooo much fun to be around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been years since I saw the Schnell's and Kathy and Penny. Kathy and I actually was in kindergarten with Sherry's mom as the teacher. Sis Taylor was never the same after that year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gene--
    Every year when I was a kid, we couldn't wait for Sis. Taylor to come to camp, she was the BEST!!! I remember to this day some of the things she taught us at camp, what a lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sister Taylor was always the best story teller! She didn't even have to have visuals to keep our attention! I especially remember one of her stories that was about a snake that swallowed an egg. She would go into this detail about how the snake would smack up against a wall or something to crack that egg, and the juice in that egg would give him such a warm feeling inside... Funny how I can remember things like that but can't remember where the sermon was preached from on Sunday!
    Sorry...I didn't mean to turn your "vacation post" into a Sister Taylor session!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, you never shared those pictures of Schnell's with me! I forgot they came up to see you all. Looks like a nice relaxing vacation. Let's go right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen--
    She was the BEST story teller ever!!! You should come hear Gene tell that story, he does a REALLY good job at it too! He wiggles and jiggles around like the snake would do, very good. I bet he got some of his talent from her, ha!

    Sara--
    Can you fly out in the morning? : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janiece, as soon as I started looking at those pics I got a sick feeling in my gut and sure enough...there it was! I was so happy to see your mom and all of you. I still have a special place in my heart for her. Just so all of you know my mom was at her happiest when she was working with her kids! Gene, was that the year you ALL got spanked for being bad in chapel? Also, my mom has those CDs for those of you that want your kiddos to hear them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like fun! I LOVE the beach/ocean! In fact, that is my desirable destination!

    ReplyDelete