Friday, April 18, 2008

Saying Goodbye to Oreo

Kallee & Oreo


Kallee giving Oreo a ride in her car, whether Oreo wants it or not : )


Tonight was a sad night at the Cooper household : ( We buried Kallee's kitty, Oreo (E-O as she called it). I received a call from Jerry yesterday while I was at IHC, that her kitty had been hit by a car and was dead. Of course Talon was excited and even said he was going to tease her about it, and I told him "oh NO your NOT"!!! The boys have never cared for her dear kitty, but she loved that silly thing. She would carry it around on her shoulder and play with it as long as she could, before the cat would escape her hold, lol. Daddy went out and picked her kitty up and put it in a box so we could bury it. Once the boys saw how sad it looked, I got another call last night (it was Talon) saying "is it ok to cry about Oreo"? I said "yes, why?" He started crying and said "it looks so sad and Sissy is going to be so sad"! Needless to say, when I arrived home last night and went in to give the boys a kiss...they were sound asleep with an empty box of Kleenex on their floor. That of course made me sad for all my kids! Daddy and I told Kallee before going to bed last night about Oreo and she didn't seem to upset. I don't think she really understands that she will never get to play with her again : ( She told us we needed to take her to the doctor and the hos-pit-able. She said "when I see my kitty I will say, hi kitty baby"! She has already called Mamaw and asked for a new, baby kitty and Mamaw said as soon as she gets one, she will give her one. I AM NOT a cat fan, but it sure made you feel like crying when your kids are crying over her.

The boys helping out with burying their Sissy's kitty. They have been very nice to her and telling her it will be alright.
Kallee inspecting her kitty's "casket".
The boys helping bury Oreo.
Picking flowers for E-O's grave!
Putting flowers on the grave.
Kallee standing by the cross Daddy made for her kitty.
Keegan wanted a picture by the cat's grave too.

7 comments:

  1. Awwww, that's so sad Janiece! Makes me wanna cry! At least she's young enough it might not have too big an impact on her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, done that. But I never, ever figured you would have a post regarding the sad moment of burying a cat of all things. Kids and their experiences will certainly change your heart, won't they? My kids still cry over Gabriel (and Kerrigan cries over a stray itsy, bitsy kitten that was at our house for 3 whole days total) but I think it is usually a way of dealing with other things in their life and they don't know how else to communicate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara--
    What I think is kind of funny is, the boys hated that cat, yet they are the ones that have cried the most. Kallee asks about her, but she hasn't cried or been sad. I know it would be different if she was another year or two older.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes me feel very sad (no surprise there, huh?) especially since we came so close to burying our own cat this week.

    I can understand your boys, though--I was with my Grandma's dog when she had it put down and I bawled like a baby. I hated that dog with a passion, seriously!

    The difference is that my boys are more attached to that cat than they are to anything. When Diesel passes on, there will be much weeping and wailing. I'll have to admit, he IS the best cat I've ever owned. I think Robert is even pretty attached, though he wouldn't admit it if you paid him! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that is so sad! So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless her little heart. She is still so young, it would not bother her as much as if she were older. Makes me sad to think of it. I remember we had a frog when I was younger, I still get sad over that silly thing, I hated that frog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you'll have to let her have an inside cat and that won't happen. lol Since I know you love cats sooo much.

    ReplyDelete