Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Morning

Every year I try to make sure my kids have an Easter basket. NO, I DO NOT go crazy and buy them gobs of stuff that costs a ton!!! I go to the Dollar Tree, plus I buy things here and there, throughout the year. Of course they always have to count their new shirts, ties, dress, hat, etc. as a part of their basket, but after all, I did buy them for Easter. They do enjoy getting this basket of goodies, even if I haven't spent a bunch on them. I don't hardly put any candy in them, because I know they will get some at church and they always get a ton at Mamaw's. I don't always use a basket either, one year I used a new bike helmet and filled it full of goodies. Another year I used a new pair of roller blades and filled them full of goodies. This year I found a bag at Old Navy that was originally $24.99, for $1.97, so...that was Talon's "basket". He is always needing a bag for when he spends the night at his friends or at Mamaw's so, I thought that was a great buy! --Since Kallee didn't get a new dress, I made sure she had something new, so...I allowed her to pick out a purse and and hat from the Dollar Tree and then I snuck them home and put them in her basket. I know, I won't be able to do that many more years without her figuring it out, but until then... : )
On your mark...
Get set..
Get ready...

OPEN!!!
Kallee with her big bubby, Talon.

Mommy's little Easter Princess : )

2 comments:

  1. They all look great, Janiece. Where did you get the boys suits? I didn't have time to curl the girls' hair this year...after them performing in the Passion Play and then having to shoe shop for Steven (because he told me a week ago his black shoes were too small, but why not wait until 8:00 the night before to go find some?)I didn't have time after getting everyone baths and washing hair. Oh well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle--
    Thanks! I got them on Ebay; both of them for $10 each, YEAH!!! I bought them a year or more ago and kept them in the closet until they fit into them. Keegan has wore his several times and it is actually getting too small, and Talon's is a little big, but oh well. I ended up getting Keegan shoes last week at Payless for
    $10.He has needed new dress shoes forever and I kept forgetting too. At least Steven told you the night before, Keegan always waiting to remind me on Sunday morning, AHHHH!

    ReplyDelete