Saturday, March 22, 2008

Lafayette's Passion Play

WOW!!! We just returned from the Lafayette Passion Play and was it AWESOME! It has been years (probably 7+) since I have been to that one, so I thought it was time. Of course Jerry didn't want to go, so I sent Kallee home with him and the boys and I had a date night. I am sure glad I took them, that is all they talked about, the whole way home. One of them said, "I can't believe how painful it looked when they hung him on the cross". I was able to ask them how they would feel and look after being beaten, having a crown of thorns placed on their heads, nails hammered into their hands and feet and a spear thrust into their sides??? I know I got a little graphic, but...it was a graphic, a horrible sight for Jesus and all who believed in Him. I was also happy that I could report that He is ALIVE today and that He went through all that pain for us! What an AMAZING God we serve! --We would like to congratulate Ashlee and Steven for a job well done, you two were great! Last time I was at the play I was waaayyy up top and I couldn't hardly see the people, but this time we were on the 6th row and we could see your pretty little faces! I'm sure you made your Mommy and Daddy very proud!

3 comments:

  1. yes, we are PROUD of our Kiddies for wanting to share the gospel with others. The had a lot of fun and I think they walked away from it with a very good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely proud of them! They enjoyed doing it and Steven wrote about it on his blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to go check out his blog and see what he has to say.

    ReplyDelete