Thursday, March 27, 2008

Praise!

I would like to thank the Lord for the "almost full" Sunday School class we had on Easter! All the calling on Saturday paid off, thanks to everyone that went out. We had 47 in our class, 10 of them that haven't been there in a LONG time and 2 new ones, thank the Lord! I planned on going calling, but with having 3 kids of my own, it is hard to drag them with you. I do plan on getting them involved when it gets warmer, I think it will help them see that we have sooo much to be thankful for! Please pray that our attendance will only keep going up and not go right back down to the 20's that we have been having. Don't get me wrong, 20 something is better than nothing, but we know the kids are out there and they might as well be coming to our church on Sunday morning : ) Also, I would like to thank the Lord for helping Jerry and I during the time we had them all by ourselves. I wasn't really worried (because we have done this before), but with it being Easter and all, I REALLY wanted God to come and help us deliver the message of Easter! I feel that He came and helped us and that the kids understand a little more about Easter than before. We did end up using the "Jelly Bean Story" and we ended up giving each kid a baggie and one of each color of the jelly beans. After their bags were all full, we passed out a copy of the "Jelly Bean Story" to put in their bag. The night before I made large hearts in the same colors as in the story and held them up when I talked about each color, I think having those visuals really helped them understand better. I know many of the baggies probably didn't make it home, but I pray the ones that did, will be read by their parents and they will come to know Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment