Saturday, March 15, 2008

Not Much Goin' On

Not much goin' on here today...we have invited a couple families over for dinner tomorrow, so cleaning and preparing dinner is what I have on the schedule for today. I am also preparing for next Sunday, EASTER!!! I just found out today that Jerry and I will have a little alone time with our Jr. Church kids next week, while Bro. Gene & Sis. Angie sing in the choir, so...the wheels in my brain have started to turn (I know, that's scary, lol). I think we will take that time that we have with them, to tell them...The Story of the Jelly Bean. I'm sure all of you have heard it before, but in case you haven't, here it is. I plan on making up little bags with each color of the jelly beans and attaching the story to it. I had a friend translate it for me in Spanish, since we have a lot of Spanish speaking kids, so I will share that with you too. Thanks so much for translating it for me Zuly, you are the BEST!!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!
Jelly Bean Story

This bag of beans a story gives
The story of Easter – Jesus LIVES!
Each color tells the story true
Let them tell the story to you.

Black reminds us of sin so great
White the pureness of sins erased
Red is for the blood Jesus shed
Green is for the new life He gives.

Yellow is for the sun so bright
Orange is for the edge of night
Purple is for His hour of sorrow
Pink is for hope – our new tomorrow!

This bag of beans a story told
The story of Christ never will grow old
Each color told the story true
Telling this story now goes with you.
Now for the Spanish one, as if you couldn't tell, lol!
Historia de el Frijol de Jalea

Esta bolsa de jelly beans una historia da
La historia de Pascua - !Jesus VIVE!
Cada color cuenta la historia verdadera
Déja que ellos te cuenten la historia

Negro nos recuerda del pecado tan grande
Blanco la pureza de pecados borrados
Rojo es para la sangre que Jesús derramo
Verde es para la nueva vida que Él da.


Amarillo es para el sol tan brillante
La naranja es para el borde de noche
Purpúro es para Su hora de la pena
¡Rosado es para la esperanzanuestra nueva mañana!


Este bolso de los frijoles una historia contó
La historia de Cristo nunca envejecerá
Cada color contó la historia verdadera
!Contar de esta historia! Ahora va con usted.

No comments:

Post a Comment