Saturday, March 22, 2008

Good Friday Service

Yesterday was our school's annual Good Friday Service it went very nice! Sara and her girls (Kerri, Janae and Britnee) did a very good job on the song they sang, as always : ) Pastor Johnson, Sara and Rachel sang "Broken and Spilled Out" and did an AWESOME job on it! I think you all should sing it tomorrow for Easter! Anyways, Bro. David Fry did a wonderful job on his message. I enjoy it when these type of services are encouraging, not mournful. Do you understand what I mean? I know, it was a VERY sad occasion for Jesus and all His followers, one I can not comprehend, but...HE IS ALIVE today and that is something we can rejoice about!!! I went to a service like this one year and I left feeling so down in the dumps and gloomy, it was hard for me to leave feeling that way. I know He died for me, but I also know HE IS ALIVE and is living for me today!!!

Sara and her girls, singing "He Loves Me".
These pictures aren't the best quality, but if I want a light picture I have to turn off my flash and then by doing that, the smallest movement makes it blurry, ugh!

Rachel, Pastor Johnson and Sara
"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him: and with his stripes we are healed". Isaiah 53:5

3 comments:

  1. Just for you, Janiece, we WILL be singing that in the morning! lol! Actually, that was our practice run :) The other special fell through so we decided when we were practicing Thursday that we would try it yesterday to make sure we knew what we were doing. Did you have a clue I typed some of the words wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope! You all did great and I'm glad I got to hear it yesterday since we will be downstairs all day tomorrow : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great service. God has truly been blesssing our church. I am soooo thankful for his many blessings on us.

    ReplyDelete