Saturday, March 8, 2008

Bus Convention 2008

Well we are home from our PA trip and are happy to see our kiddos, as well as, our own beds! After 11 1/2 hours of our journey home, we were thrilled to sleep in our own bed : ) We had a wonderful trip and enjoyed ALL of the classes/sessions we were in. Some of the sessions I attended were: "Teaching Techniques I & II" by Bro. & Sis. Mason, "Ideas for Exciting Bus Programs" by Sis. Barbara Baker, "Memorizing Made Fun & Easy" by Sis. Lousie Crouse, "Power of Events" by Bro. Randy Hynes, "Loving Them Into the Kingdom" by Bro. Donnie Bates Sr. and "Answering Tough Questions" by Bro. James Plank. Jerry attended many other sessions including: "Saturday Calling" by Bro. Leonard Raub & Bro. Lester Hoch, "Motivating Bus Workers" by Bro. Barry Arnold, "Discipling Teenagers" by Bro. Mark Calderone... All of these sessions were sooo uplifting and had lots of GREAT ideas!!! I have attended the Mason & Baker sessions in the past, so I knew I would LOVE them, but I was very impressed with Randy Hynes session on "Power of Events"! Randy and I grew up not to far from one another, but with him being older, we never had that much in common. I must say, the past 20 years has done him good and he has grown into a man of God. He told us in his session, "why are we so scared and embarrassed about our churches", "we have THE answer to all of the world's problems"! "We should have the very best that we can (in the line of invitations) to hand to our family, friends, and neighbors when we invite them to church, after all, we are representing God"! Wow, what a powerful session that was!!! --Bro. Donnie Bates did an excellent job on his "Loving Them Into the Kingdom" session, he encouraged us to love our neighbors, family and friends, as we invite them to church and as they attend! Our love and kindness is what often brings them in, in the first place! --I would like to thank Bro. Mowery and the church for allowing us to attend this year's 21st Bus Convention, it has opened my heart and mind to a lost a dying world! I must do EVERYTHING I can, to invite people to church and to pray that God will save them! If you can, plan to attend next year's convention in Indy, you won't regret it!

God has blessed the God's Missionary Church in Lebanon, PA! This is a picture of the original church (now used as their Spanish church) and the one below is a picture of their new church and multi-purpose building! Isn't God good?!!?!


This is one of the many groups that played and sang in the evening services. We were very proud of the UBC group too, but I didn't get a picture of them (Joseph & Josh, you did great)!
Bro. Mowery was one of the guest speakers and what an AWESOME job he did!!! I was very proud of "my" pastor!
Sis. Baker showing one of the games she plays on the church bus.
Brian, Pastor Johnson & Shy --this was the last stop we made before heading home, it was a great little reunion! I use to pick Brian & Shy up for school every morning, so it was so nice to see them once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment