Monday, February 11, 2008

Are You G-L-A-D???

Today in my devotions, the author was referring to GLAD Cling Wrap and the benefits of it, read on and she what she has to say.

GLAD Is Easy to Handle – I couldn’t agree more. Give me a glad person to work with, any day. Not overly sensitive, not demanding, just glad to be alive and easy to get along with.

GLAD Keeps Things Fresh – Nothing like a new perspective to make life interesting. People who are glad are fun to be around—refreshing, in fact.

GLAD Is Transparent – And that’s just what it takes to let Christ shine through us: a see-through, crystal-clear life. “You is what you is,” and we’re glad, too.

GLAD Is Great for All Uses – Don’t you love those flexible folks who are glad to be useful and can do anything you ask without complaining?

GLAD Is Tough and Durable – Just because you’re flexible and transparent doesn’t mean you’re not tough. Even when your life is turned upside down, stuff doesn’t fall out when you’re covered with gladness!

GLAD Forms a Tight Seal – Tighter than the love of earthly family is the love between the Lord and his beloved children. “Set me as a seal upon your heart.”

You see, glad is a handy thing to be in God’s kingdom. Those who are glad are able to rejoice and shout for joy with an exclamation point! And as a writer who loves that form of punctuation, I get excited when it shows up in Scripture. We’re talking big happy here. Be ye glad!

Rejoice in the Lord and be GLAD, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart!
Psalm 32:11
Taken from: “RISE AND SHINE” by author Liz Curtis Higgs

I do want to be GLAD in EVERY aspect in my life; I want to be easy to get along with, I want Christ to shine through me, I even want to be GLAD when my “life is turned upside down”!!! I shared with you last week about making a list of good things in my life, now I encourage you to be GLAD in your life too, even when it seems nothing is headed in the direction you want.

BE GLAD!!! We are serving an AWESOME GOD!!!

2 comments:

  1. This would make an awesome object lesson for jr church or tween church - or teen church - or prayer meeting!! What a neat analogy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was great too! That's a great idea, maybe we will use that this summer when Gene & Angie are gone, we can use all the help we can get, when they are gone : )

    ReplyDelete