Thursday, February 21, 2008

FCA Pet Show

Today was the much anticipated Pet Show, at FCA! The kids always enjoy this, and it is a great way to make $$$ for missions. This was Blake’s 3rd year for this event and he once again had a great turn out. It was TOTALLY INSANE there, kids jumping off the walls and no one could hear anything the kids were trying to say about their pet. This is a great event, but I feel could be enjoyed so much more, if the kids were under control, AHHHH!!! I know they are sooo excited with all the pets and all, but I couldn’t hardly get out of there fast enough : ) This was the first time the boys were able to take in a pet, we have had a dog and cat in the past, but nothing tame enough to take to an event like this. Keegan and Talon were VERY excited to take their new pet –a bunny—named Thumper. Daddy snuck off to Kirklin (while I was gone shopping) a few weeks ago and picked up this free rabbit and all the stuff needed to care for her. I don’t mind her, she is an outside pet and they (Daddy and the kiddos) will be taking care of her when needed. I had a few rabbits when I was growing up and always liked them, so I think it is a good pet for them. They don’t seem to be a “high-maintance” animal, so I can handle that. Anyways, it was an enjoyable thing for the boys to be able to participate in this way this year, but don’t know as if I will be dragging an more pets into such a crazy place next year, LOL!
First up was, Jaida and her kitty Skittles!
Talon and Keegan "trying" to tell about their pet.
The boys showing off their pet!
Keegan so proud of his new pet!
Caden even wanted to hold the bunny!

This is Ginger #2; Anna, Emily & Connor's dog

This is Miley, Blake's dog!

These cute puppies were Kayla's, they are Mya & Max.

Here is Ethan with his new puppy, Butterscotch. This puppy was just adorable! I'm not a pet fan, but I think he was the cutest pet there.

Mrs. Angie helping Ethan with Butterscotch.

Here is Connor telling all about his beloved fish..."they eat their own poop" he said! I know his Mama was sooo proud of him for giving that bit of info, right Angie?!?!

Here is Karris and her kitty, Angel!

Here are Kerri and Janae showing off thier hermit crabs!

Janae couldn't get her crab out, because it pinches.
Kerri letting Keegan hold her crab, Angel.

2 comments:

  1. Yup, I'm so glad to know I have poop-eaters swimming around in my kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete