Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fun Filled "Chonda" Night

WARNING!!! This post contains women in their pjs', so if you don't want to see it, find another blog to view!
Wow, what a great and fun night we had last night! The day didn't start off too well (see previous post), and I began to wonder if the Lord was telling me not to go, HA! I am SOOO glad I did go, what a blessing Chonda was to me! She hit every subject possible from; go-go boots, to the chicken dance, to the many downfalls/challenges in her "growing up years", to her recent depression problems, to all kinds of things about different walks of faith, hormones, to knowing YOU CAN make it with God's help...and the list goes on and on! All's I can say, is I wish my hubby would have went with me, I think he REALLY would have enjoyed it (even though he declares he wouldn't have)! One minute I was crying from tears of laughter and the next I was crying from tears of sadness. What a powerful story she has to tell! It is amazing to me, that God can use ANYONE who is willing to give of their time and talent to Him! Sorry if weren't able to make it, you sure missed out on a blessing! --It was great to have Michelle Krick in our row! I knew I had better mention that, or she'd be offended, HA! HA! --My sisters were all able to make it, even though the weather was awful! We all enjoyed the concert, and we enjoyed the scrapbookin' and snacks that followed. Along with my sisters and myself, there were 4 other ladies that joined us for scrapbooking. We were happy to have; Bobbie, Cathy, Kristi and Kathryn. Hope you all had as much fun and we did!
And the lady of the hour, oops, I mean 2 1/2 hours...Chonda Pierce!


Precious baby boy--Maverick! He is my nephew, he is such a little doll and looks just like his daddy, John! Not that I think you look like a doll John, ha! ha!

Me, Mary, Darlene & Shirley, after the Chonda concert!
Ta-da! And the winner for "Best Dressed" is...Bobbie! She made quite a hip statement with her boots and pjs : ) Of course there ended up being 3 of us that followed in her "fashion statement" (with boots and pjs), I just didn't get a picture of us!

Aunt Shirley lovin' on little Maverick boy, and...Kathryn helping fill in the dull moments (which were VERY few and far between)!

The sisters scrapbooking, well at least two of us, lol!

Darlene working hard on her scrapbook!

2 comments:

  1. So were you cleared out by the time the men had their breakfast and prayer time? Would love to scrap next time. I got Ashlee's cake and stuff done but still got to bed late! I'm tired...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we ended up leaving around 4:00, so plenty of time for the breakfast, lol! Glad you got her cake done, hope she had a great b-day!

    ReplyDelete