Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's Beginning to Look A lot Like Valentines

Yep it sure is, beginning to look a lot like Valentines around here! Every year we go through tons of ideas to find us a “perfect” idea for the boy’s Valentine boxes for school, but then we wait until the last minute and then we throw something together, grrrr! Last year we had to have them done a week before they needed them, because Jerry & I went to the Marriage Matters Retreat and I didn’t want Mamaw to have to worry about helping them. Last year's turned out really cute, since we had more time to work on them. You think we'd start them sooner so they would turn out better, wouldn't ya? Duh!!! After many, many, many ideas, we finally came up with ---a Monkey and a Rocket. Keegan wanted his to be very simple, he colored the shapes and glued them on, easy enough for me : ) I suggested we use glitter and colored paper and all kinds of things, but NOPE, he just wanted to color it, glue it on and put some foam shapes on it. However, the other kid (Talon that is) wanted to use colored paper, the glitter glue for the fancy flames and all, HA! Isn’t it crazy how different kids are?! He selected the color green for his rocket since that is his favorite color, so Daddy helped him prepare his boxes and fit the paper to them. He drew the flames on the side and I helped trace them with glitter. He twisted the pipe-cleaners (yellow and orange) to make fames to come out the bottom. It isn’t really that fancy, but he likes it, so that’s all that matters! --The cupcakes are all baked and the home-made frosting is an inch think on them, YUMMY!!! Keegan helped taste-test them (so did his Mom) and he also put the candy hearts on them. The only thing left to do, it stop by the Dollar Tree tomorrow and pick up the kids Valentine treats. So as you can see or sing (whichever you prefer), “It’s Beginning to Look A lot Like Valentines” : )



This picture isn't the best quality, but it shows Daddy helping Keegan with his box.
Keegan can't cut very straight, so I helped him cut out he shapes!
Keegan gluing the Monkey's head on!
Which one is the Monkey?!?! Oh, I also suggested we use some of those cute, wiggly eyes, but "NO, just cut those ones out Mom so I can glue them on."
The Rocket beginning to take shape
Talon making the flames for the bottom
He wanted it to have T-Air on the side, so that is what this says.
These are the flames he drew, I thought he did a really good job on them!
We made a little over 2 dozen of these, but a few of the extras came up missing : ) Yep you guessed it, I will be 5 lbs. heavier the next time you see me, HA!

4 comments:

  1. I don't feel too bad now for waiting until last weekend to do our Valentine boxes. I thought I was a really bad parent for waiting so late in the game. But it looks like I'm not the only one who has been too busy. Anyway, thank you for the small reminder that either I'm not a bad mom or that there is more then one bad mom in our school. Which ever way we want to look at it. lol
    ps. It looks like we weren't the only ones either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll just take it like this...I don't EVER remember my Mom taking the time to make a V-tine box with me, so...I guess I'm a good Mom?! At least I will believe I am, HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun. The kids made theirs at school so I guess I'll see what they look like when they come home with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had fun.We did too. It was a family affair.

    ReplyDelete