Friday, February 29, 2008

What Are You Worried About???

In my devotions today here is what I read, it is quite interesting, makes you think!

"Do you need clothes or food or a roof over your head? I own the cattle on a thousand hills. Are you worried about your marriage, your career, your children? I am compassionate toward all I have made. Are you anxious because you don't have today what you need for tomorrow? I open my hand to satisfy the desires of every living thing. Are you sick or sorrowful? For you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. Are you lonely or fearful? I am with you always, to the very end of the age. These are the promises of our great and faithful King. Pray for the grace today to seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you as well." --So what are you worried about?
Taken from: Speaking the Names of Jesus by Ann Spangler

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I almost bought that book today. Family Christian Stores has it as one of their Perks special for $5 (softcover - not hard) this month while supplies last. I probably should have grabbed it but they had something else I wanted and I'd already spent too much money :) So since I'm working of two other devotionals by her, I figured I had enough for now.

    But this was GREAT! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can borrow mine when I'm done with it. Isn't that sweet of me to loan it to you, since you are the one who bought it for me?!? Of course it might take me a year to get done with it, so... :)

    ReplyDelete