Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Kallee's Learnin' Some New Songs

I feel it is VERY important for my kids to learn choruses that we sing at church, so I belt them out all the time so they will learn them. I was raised in a very small church, but boy could the few of us sing : ) We would literally sing 3 or 4 hymns and then 5,6,7… choruses. I recall the Holy Spirit coming and meeting in many, many of our services while singing those songs. I MISS THAT SOOO MUCH! Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE our church, but I still miss hearing “Mom Fritz” belt out the alto and “Dad Fritz” belt out whatever part he felt like singing, LOL! God came in a very special way many times at “my home church”, with the service being complete singing. I know that we need the preaching too, but there’s just something about God coming during the song service, don’t ya think??? Anyways, today I was singing one of my favorites “The Windows of Heaven Are Open” (don’t know if that is the title of it or not???), and Kallee started singing with me. I would sing a few words and then let her fill in the blank, like this: “The windows of Heaven are ----, the blessings are falling -------.” There’s ---, Joy, Joy in my ----, since Jesus made everything -----.” When we got to the “old tattered garments part, she said “old tattered GARDEN”, LOL. And when we got to the “He gave me a robe of pure -----, she yelled out BLUE”. I just about cracked up, but bless her little heart she knew almost the whole song, just from me singing it over and over and over; in the car, in the house, at work, etc. Kids learn so quickly, let’s make sure it is good stuff we are singing and saying to them!

3 comments:

  1. That cute. It has been amazing me how many songs Isabelle sings too. Some of the songs I hear her sing along with I'm not sure I know all the words to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be sure to teach her "Father Abraham" so that she may bless your hearts at home... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie--
    Great, I love that song! Most kids do too, it is just "some" mean, old SS teachers that don't like it, LOL!

    ReplyDelete