Tuesday, February 19, 2008

This Is What Happens to Little Girls When...

… they get up at 7:00a.m. (at least at my house)! The kids had dentist appointments this morning at 7:50, so it was a change for Kallee and myself to get up so early. I know, I know, you are crying huge tears for us, right? LOL! Anyways, since this was Kallee’s first time for a cleaning, I talked it all up to her last night and this morning. When we got there, she started asking “where’s my doctor, is it my turn?” They called Keegan back first and then Talon and then…they weren’t able to schedule her because they didn’t have her insurance info on file, UGH! Needless to say, she WAS NOT happy when we left without seeing the doctor and with NO new toothbrush and NO stickers either : ( She is scheduled for Thursday, so hopefully she will be excited then like she was today. –She asked me if she could watch her favorite Mickey Mouse Circus movie after coming home, so I said yes and told her to hop up on my bed and get all nice and warm under my covers. Evidentially she got to warm and snuggly, and this is how I found her awhile ago. Too cute!

8 comments:

  1. Leave it to Kallee. She's game to try anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cute. Isabelle has been asking when she is going back. But Cody is this week, Austin is scheduled during spring break. So I guess I need to schedule her soon. Anyway it's too bad they couldn't fit her in yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to get everyone up today and take Parker to pre-school for a change! Jonathan is out of town for the day on business! (I sure got a lot more done around here this morning though! Kind of nice!)
    As for the dentist visits...Parker has always been terrified of the dentist and the last time he went, he threw up after they cleaned his teeth! So much for the cleaning...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids actually can't wait to go to the dentist, because they always come home with toothbrushes and a ton of stickers. Of course if I tried to con them into being happy with a new toothbrush and stickers, it would NEVER work,lol! --It is a HUGE change for Kallee and I to get up early, we are late sleepers, we don't usually get up until 9 or after. Ahhhh...what a life! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. None of my kids sleep until 9! If they would I'd be in heaven. Steven is up every morning between 6:45 and 7; the kid has an internal alarm clock. Ashlee and Kelcee are right behind him about 7:15-7:30 -- and YES even on Saturdays!!

    My kids love going to the dentist too. I, on the other hand, hate going (for myself that is).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, how sweet. I thought she'd already been there. I asked her about it the other day and she said they counted her teeth. So has she been in without them doing anything? They are going to love her with all the candy she hoards (and is given by doting friends! lol!) We were cracking up at her with her baggie of gummi bears and stick of slap-stick the other day. That's all it takes to make her happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara--
    She went in to have her front tooth looked at after she fell, but other than that, tomorrow will be her first trip. I'm sure she will like it, they always make kids feel good there. I sure hope she doesn't have any cavities, but I'm not very good about making sure her teeth get brushed every day, ugh : ) We will see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle--
    We have pretty much trained our kiddos to go to bed late (in the summer) and to get up late. The first several years of their lives, we worked second shift, so Daddy didn't even get home until mid-night, so... I am very thankful they are like they are, cause I am NOT a morning person!

    ReplyDelete